From our afternoon at the Arboretum yesterday.
{weather outside:}
Just like summer! 80's, humid and breezy with the sun popping in and out.
{making me happy:}
Just thinking about the wonderful weekend we enjoyed and the exciting week of birthday & graduation celebrations ahead of us is making me smile.
{menu this week:}
monday: Leftovers
tuesday: Chef Salad & Sweet Potato Bread
wednesday: Stuffed Pepper Soup & Crusty Bread
thursday: Ham, Cheddar & Apple Paninis & Salad
friday: Feta & Arugula Pizza
{looking around my house:}
After a wonderful but busy weekend, I was happy that my littlest guy slept all morning so that I could get the house back in order. Now that the floors are clean and the house is straightened I feel better. :)
{today's to-do list:}
~pre-k: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons: Lesson 44
~vacuum
~mop
~2 loads of laundry
~plan menu
~iron
~fold
{currently reading:}
Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (with three-year-old)
{lesson learned:}
There truly is a time to mourn and a time to heal. Yesterday was the second Mother's Day that my mom spent in heaven and as hard as it was for me to admit to myself, I have grown a lot since last year.
{on my mind:}
An overwhelming sense of gratitude for the gift of motherhood in my life. To be the daughter of a wonderful mother and the recipient of her love is an amazing gift that not all of us are blest to experience. To be the mother of a beautiful child is an equally amazing gift that not every woman has the grace to experience. I am so grateful to God that I am both.
{verse:}
'No greater love is there than this to lay down one's life for his friends.'
- John 15:13
I thought this verse from yesterday's Gospel was so appropriate for Mother's Day. :)
-----
Linking up with Sandra today:

Your days sound much like mine, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy visiting here. : )
Prayers for your heart as you miss your mom. : )
Oh I envy your warm lovely weather!
ReplyDeleteI loved mass this past weekend & that gospel. We go
Saturdays usually. My Mom & Annie & I went - my boys
had hockey. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead
my sweet Gal!
Xoxo
Looking forward to a week of celebration is always fun - hope you enjoy it all!
ReplyDeleteIt takes a long time for the pain of losing a parent to lessen and holidays do tend to be a bit harder than other times. Hope you enjoy your week of celebrations!
ReplyDelete