{weather outside}
Our first snowfall yesterday evening made for a very cozy night complete with football, pizza and ice cream. It's pretty cold and windy out there right now so I'm very thankful to be able to stay home with my boys in our warm little home for the day. My husband even fed the chickens for me so I wouldn't have to go out. :)
{around my home:}
I am watching my older two boys are eat their breakfast of fried eggs, 'Banana Bread Oatmeal' (a new favorite), and orange juice at the kitchen table while I nurse my little one in my usual chair. Last night's snow is creating a beautiful white glow throughout the dimly lit house, classical music is playing softly from the kitchen radio and the scent of cinnamon is still lingering in the air from our oatmeal.
{menu this week:}
monday: Eggplant Rolatini & Asparagus
tuesday: Creamy Chicken, Mushroom & Brown Rice Soup
wednesday: Chili & Cornbread
thursday: Chicken Cutlets, Risotto & Broccoli
friday: Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
{new recipe:}
This Chicken & Mushroom Casserole was delicious! I served it with egg noodles and broccoli and we all loved it.
{today's to-do list:}
~ vacuum rugs
~ mop floors
~ 3 loads of laundry
~ straighten
{on my nightstand:}
An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{in my craft basket:}
Baby Blanket
{making me happy:}
My makeshift sewing nook.
{thankful for:}
A warm, cozy house to live in especially during these cold winter days.
{verse:}
As a bridegroom rejoices in his bride so shall your God rejoice in you.
~ Isaiah 62:5
-----
Linking up with Sandra today:

Good winter morning!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cozy image you have shared with us.
I bet your littles we're excited with the snow!
We are getting some too. : )
Oh I can just picture the soft cozy nest you've created there with you and your sweet Littles. There's something so comforting about being snuggly and warm while there's cold and snow outside. Your breakfast and your whole menu sound so yummy!!
ReplyDeleteStay warm and snuggly and have a lovely week sweet Friend. xoxo
Oh, banana bread oatmeal sounds so good. It's always nice to be able to stay in the nice, cozy warm house when the weather gets this way isn't it? Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteYour menu looks delicious! I'm not that ambitious :) I hope you can stop by:
ReplyDeletehttp://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/happy-homemaker-monday-11816.html
Colletta
Banana bread oatmeal sounds great! I will have to try that for our family! I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteBanana bread oatmeal sounds great! I will have to try that for our family! I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWe finally got some snow that stuck around here, too!
ReplyDeleteThat casserole is TOTALLY happening at my house, and soon!
Have a beautiful, cozy week!
We are expecting our first ice/snow tomorrow. I had Josh pick up my favorite essentials...coffee & sparkling cider. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat casserole sounds delicious!
"The Old Fashioned Girl" was one of my favorites by Louisa May Alcott. I also loved Hospital Sketches by her as well.
We get snow pretty regularly here and I'm dreaming of Spring :-) That chicken recipe really looks delicious! thanks for sharing :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely evening.
Blessings,
Jill