Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


{weather outside:}

All of a sudden, fall is here! It has been cool and cloudy the past couple of days and while I don't love the fact that my shorts and flip-flops should probably be packed away, I'm trying to be optimistic and enjoy the coziness this weather creates by cooking and baking up a storm.

{around my home:}

My boys are sitting at the kitchen table with me at the moment. My oldest is teaching my middle
son how to draw half and whole notes because my sister has been giving him music lessons. Dinner prep is already underway so we are enjoying the scent of cornbread baking while classical music is playing softly in the background, as usual.

{on the menu this week:}

monday: Chili, Salad & Cornbread
tuesday: Kielbasa, Rice & Broccoli
wednesday: Roasted Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoes & Salad
thursday: James Beard Stew, Egg Noodles & Crusty Bread
friday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce & Broccoli

{making me happy:}

Writing letters to loved ones on a Sunday afternoon as pictured above.

{today's to-do list:}

~ 4 loads of laundry
~ fold laundry
~ organize boys' bookshelf
~ organize sewing area
~ pack boys' summer clothes
~ unpack boys' winter clothes
~ vacuum floors

{on my nightstand:}

Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn
By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder (with four-year-old)

{on my mind:}

Hoping my boys get over the colds they've been fighting soon. And hoping my husband and I stay healthy so that we can continue to take care of everyone.

{verse:}

"Come to me all who are weary or burdened and I will give you rest."
- Matthew 11:28

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

HHM

5 comments:

  1. Writing letters sounds so relaxing. Now, what is James Beard Stew? Never heard of that!

    Happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect day! Hope your boys feel better soon! We've all ben sick here as well, my husband is currently fighting it. Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a cozy day! I also want to know what James Beard stew is! It sounds kind of pirate-y! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I always love my visits to your blog! What is James Beard Stew?
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for cooler weather! Your menu sounds so perfectly Fall and yummy!

    I love writing letters and sending "real mail" too - I refuse to let it be a lost art.

    Prayers to all to get better and for you and hubby to stay healthy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete