~ capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
{pretty}
A few weeks past her big day but I finally completed this apron for my aunt's birthday.
{happy}
Love when I find my boys lost in a book, especially when they are sitting side-by-side.
{funny}
My husband finally did our taxes this week {leave it to the accountant to wait until the very last minute - though, in his defense, he's a forensic accountant so taxes are not his thing} and after announcing the amount our refund would be, we both immediately and simultaneously said: Sounds to me like a new {insert object we have each been pining for i.e. for me that would be a new lens}. Then we both laughed at our knee-jerk, selfish reactions because, well, what did our refund go towards in reality? A new supply of cloth diapers which you know you need to replace when your two-year-old points to the one you're about to put on him and says: Silly Mommy, that diaper is broken!
{real}
For whatever reason, getting over the hump of my babies turning one is hard for me. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's the truth. {It's no coincidence that I have gotten pregnant each time my youngest was about thirteen or fourteen months!} So, now that my youngest has passed that twelve month hurdle, I am trying to simply embrace these fleeting baby moments of holding him on my hip, nursing him to sleep, and watching him crawl around while they last.
-----

You are not alone, Laura!
ReplyDeleteI remember as if it were yesterday...with all four of my blessings...having a good cry after all the party decorations were cleaned up and the cake crumbs brushed away. Having your baby turn one is a whirlwind of emotions...it is a huge celebration indeed...but also, I thought, an end in some way.
I have found I will always hold a place in my heart for those new baby smells, and cuddles, and calm. But I promise you, God has a way of healing our hearts by allowing us to embrace the wonderful aspects of each stage. Hugs, my friend!!!!!
That apron is just lovely Laura. Great job!!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet smart boys reading away. That photo is absolutely adorable. ;)
Yep, looks like new diapers is a great plan. Lol
And look at that big Boy. Such a Pumpkin. It really has gone so fast, but it always does. There are so many wonderful fun and precious moments for the stages ahead. The best thing of all is that you're aware of the "speed" of things and are taking the time to remember and treasure. God bless your sweet family and all the special moments yet to come! Embrace those too Sweetie.
Blessings precious little Mama. xoxo
i have a hard time with the first birthday, too... it feels so huge and permanent, which of course it is!
ReplyDeletecute post
ReplyDeleteI love the apron!
ReplyDeleteI understand how you are feeling. When Juliana turned one I cried she was my last, my baby. I find with her I take everything much slower and don't stress as much as I did with the other two.
I was the same way when Evie turned one. It's hard to say good bye to the baby stage! I really don't want to think about Ella passing that mile stone. Gonna snuggle her some more. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat apron is gorgeous!
Hi!
ReplyDeleteJust checking in on you...
Hope all is well.
Miss you!
Love the boys with the books on the sofa!
ReplyDeleteWhat a Beautiful Apron, Great job. I'm sure your aunt will love it! such a special gift. That photo of your boys reading is so adorable.
ReplyDeleteMiss your blog! Hope all is well. <3
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a cozy, blessed fall! : )
Thinking about you a lot lately. Said prayers for you all & hope you're doing well. Miss you. XO
ReplyDeleteHi Laura Just stopping in to say hello, I hope all is well. Miss your posts. I hope you had a great St. Patrick's day.
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pictures!
ReplyDeleteI am a stay-at-home mom too. Mine are 10 and 12. I also get to keep my great-nephew some days. He just turned one. :)