Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

We welcomed the first day of Spring with a fresh layer of snow...

{weather outside:}

Although we got a good couple of inches overnight, I am happy to report that the sun is shining and the temperature is expected to reach 50 degrees so we should be seeing green again by this afternoon.

{around my home:}

My oldest son is playing dragon vs. t-rex at my feet, my middle son is riding on the rocking horse and my youngest son is nursing. We are enjoying the aroma of cinnamon from our Quinoa & Pecan Granola baking in the oven at the moment and it's pretty much heavenly. The white snow and the bright sunshine are making our living room particularly bright this morning. My little home is in desperate need of some straightening up, dish washing, and laundry folding but isn't that always the case on Monday morning, especially after a particularly busy weekend? 

{on the breakfast plate:}

me: 

plain yogurt topped with quinoa & pecan granola, blueberries & a drizzle of maple syrup
fried eggs topped with sauteed spinach & sea salt
pomegranate green tea with honey

boys: 

ham & spinach omelette 
plain yogurt topped with quinoa & pecan granola, blueberries & honey
bananas dipped in peanut butter

baby:

blueberry, banana, avocado, plain yogurt & coconut milk smoothie 

{menu this week:}

monday: Burgers, Broccoli & Sweet Potato Fries
tuesday: Loaded Baked Potatoes 
wednesday: Chicken, Hummus, & Red Pepper Wraps, Avocado Salad & Brown Rice
thursday: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Broccoli 
friday: Corn & Cauliflower Chowder

{today's to-do list:}

~ straighten living room
~ clean bathroom
~ fold laundry
~ wash dishes
~ change sheets

{currently reading:}

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S.Lewis {aloud, with four-year-old}
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskill {audio, while sewing}
Last One Home by Debbie Macomber
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

{currently watching:}

How I Met Your Mother {with my husband}
Gilmore Girls

{in my craft basket:}

monogrammed dinosaur print cloth napkins for each of my boys' Easter baskets 

{looking forward to:}

Easter Sunday! Blessed Holy Week!

{verse:}

Have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped; rather, made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:5 - 11


-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

Happy Homemaker Monday

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for warm sun that melts that snow quickly!! ;)

    Your breakfast sounds delish! MMmmmm Sounds like a perfect start to your day with your sweet boys.

    I love the idea of the monogrammed dino cloth napkins for your Boys. So sweet!!

    Love your inspiration. Wishing you a very blessed holy week & Easter weekend dear Gal! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home sounds so cozy! I can just imagine how yummy that granola smells.
    I like your book selection. I might just re-read The Lion, Witch & wardrobe. I have two teens but still add on one of our favorites to whatever I am currently reading. I also love all the little house books-always have, always will! I enjoy Debbie Macomber I haven't read last one Home but sounds good. Your boys are so lucky to receive monogrammed napkins along with Easter treats- What a special keepsake. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home always sounds so cozy, my friend!
    Enjoy a blessed Holy Week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spring snows. They never last too long! What a nice idea regarding the napkins.

    ReplyDelete