O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree! How lovely are your branches.
{weather outside:}
And just like that it's December again! Right now it's in the 30's but the temperatures were in the lower 20's during the night making for a very brisk morning while the boys and I headed out for some early morning food shopping.
{around my home:}
Christmas music is playing on the radio. The smell of cinnamon is lingering in the air from our breakfast of oatmeal and fried eggs. Two very focused little boys are sitting at the kitchen table, coloring to their heart's delight. I am watching them as I sit in the living room in my usual spot, nursing while enjoying the soft glow from our cozy, beautiful tree.
{to-do today:}
~ errands
~ fold laundry
~ prepare Christmas Day outfits
~ bake cookies
~ wrap gifts
{menu this week:}
monday: London Broil, Baked Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli
tuesday: Steak & Hummus Wraps
wednesday:
{new recipe:}
I haven't actually made them yet but the boys and I are excited to be adding Carrie's Christmas Almond Bark to our Christmas Cookie Plates this year! Since I have yet to be disappointed by any recipes of hers that I have tried, I have a feeling this one will not be an exception!
{homemaking tip:}
To clean sterling silver jewelry:
Combine 1 T. each of baking soda and salt. Add 1 c. of boiling water. Pour hot mixture over jewelry in a shallow dish. Soak 10 minutes. Wipe clean with damp cloth. Dry. Viola - shiny jewelry!
{on my nightstand:}
The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{in my craft basket:}
blanket for my littlest
jewelry rack for my sister-in-law
{making me happy:}
Sewing. I truly enjoy this hobby and feel honored to share my creations with others.
{thankful for:}
A new friend for my boys and me.
{verse:}
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn;
Fall on your knees, Oh hear the angel voices!
O night divine! O night when Christ was born!
Some beautiful lines from my very favorite Christmas Carol that never fail to move my heart.
-----

Beautiful tree! I bet the boys are so excited for the big day. :-) Have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Jill
Your morning sounds lovely. I love how you spend your days in love and quiet with your sweet family. Have a cozy evening! : )
ReplyDeleteO Holy Night is my absolute favorite. I love love love your tree!!!
ReplyDeleteI love O Holy Night too!! I love having the tree decorated and lit up–it makes everything so delightfully cozy, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete