Our friends gave us homegrown jalapenos so I filled them with cream cheese & panko crumbs, then topped them with bacon.
{weather outside:}
Started off overcast and very humid but it looks as though the sun is going to make its appearance soon. :)
{making me happy:}
My new planner! I'm extremely particular about my planners and I think I've found a keeper!
{menu:}
monday: Slow-Cooker Baked Ham, Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli
tuesday: Chopped Ham, Grilled Peach, Feta & Arugula Salad
wednesday: Ham, Mozzarella & Arugula Panini & Sweet Potato Fries
thursday: Chef Salad & Crusty Bread
friday: Ham & White Bean Soup & Skillet Corn Bread
{around my home:}
My oldest is looking at library books, my middle guy is trying to open a container of peanuts ;), and my baby is sleeping. Classical music is playing softly giving a sense of peace in the midst of the disorderly state that my kitchen is in right now with the combination of dirty breakfast dishes and shopping bags from our early morning errands sprawled out on the counters.
{today's to-do list:}
~ shop for school supplies
~ organize pre-k lesson plans
~ sort baby clothes
~ vacuum
~ straighten
~ 3 loads of laundry
{on my nightstand:}
Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn
On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{looking forward to:}
Organizing our pre-k curriculum for this year. My boys are SO excited to start and all that enthusiasm is motivating me to plan some fun activities and lessons.
{on my mind:}
Squeezing in as many end of the summer activities these next couple of weeks. I'm thinking maybe a beach day, (September is my favorite month for the beach!) a few more trips to the pool club, and maybe another round of peach picking...
{lesson learned:}
Close the bedroom windows before watering the front flower beds with a sprinkler! ;)
{verse:}
"Jesus said to them, 'I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood as eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. Fo my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink."
-John 6:53 - 55
-----
Linking up with Sandra today:

Oh, man. That picture of the jalapenos...that made my morning. They look delicious! Share your recipe, please!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea what I was doing to be honest! Literally just stuffed them with cream cheese, rolled them in panko crumbs and then fried them in the bacon drippings! :)
DeleteSo love love love your calm, peaceful days, my friend!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Hello - new follower coming over from Sandra's blog. I love the picture of your bacon and creme-cheese filled jalapenos. Looks so yummy. Must be lunch time! You have a sweet family. My children are all grown, but it is nice to remember the way things were at our house a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear your boys are excited about schooling - that's half the battle and makes it easier to make the learning fun - Enjoy! I'm picky about planners too - which one did you decide on? Those jalapenos look fantastic too. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteIf you're on the hunt for a good planner I would definitely recommend this one. I got it at Walmart for about $6! It's made by 'Mint Green' and it's really pretty too! It looks like they are only available in stores but here is a link if you want to check it out: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mintgreen-Planner-Bound-Small-Geo/44933848.
DeleteThanks for stopping by! :)
Love your post. Hope your boys have a great start of the new school year. I just started following your blog. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.
ReplyDeleteOH my word do those jalapenos look delish! And I love your plate too - so pretty. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love the picture that comes to my head when you talk about your Little ones busy around you and your soft music playing. Such a nice ease into Monday.
I LOVE your ham menu this week and all the ways you're going to use it!! Brilliant! That salad sounds SOOOOO good to me. What kind of dressing would you use on it? A balsamic?
Beach plans sound perfect. Fall is truly going to be here faster than we can turn around. Blessings on your week my Friend. xoxo
Yes, I try to cook one big piece of meat on Sunday or Monday so that I have something to base my dinners around for the rest of the week - it's the most economical for us at this time and it forces me to be creative! ;)
DeleteI'm so excited to make that salad! Yes, I'm thinking a balsamic. I usually make my own by mixing it with honey and whole grain mustard but I also love the good seasons dressing kits. (Of course my boys will probably just use ranch and caesar - their favorites, regardless of the type of salad. :)
Nothing wrong with a caesar or ranch - 2 of my favorite kinds as well! ;)
Deleteif you find a good planner better keep it I need one myself
ReplyDeletecome see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Your dinner menu sounds wonderful! Crusty bread also sounds really good right about now. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I bought a planner last week. Funny! I have been feeling a bit behind, and honestly, it's getting harder to keep up with everything. I thought a good 'ol fashioned planner would help me get back on track with life.
Happy Tuesday!
Your jalapeños look and sound wonderful! So do your meals this week. I always leave your blog feeling peaceful.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!