Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Thanksgiving Breakfast: Cinnamon Bun Turkeys

{weather outside:}

Below freezing this morning but expected to warm up to mid 40's by this afternoon. As much as I dislike the cold, it is so very cozy to wake up to find frost outside in the morning.

{around my home:}

Two older boys are reading Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever on the couch, littlest is watching them contently from his playpen, classical music is playing on the radio, and apple cinnamon oatmeal is cooking on the stove. There is a good amount of cleaning that needs to be accomplished today but the house is relatively tidy so I am content with that for now.

{menu this week:}

monday: Autumn Chicken
tuesday: Taco Soup
wednesday:
thursday:
friday: Fried Tilapia & Grapes, Brown Rice & Asparagus

{to-do today:}

~ 3 loads laundry
~ finish planning menu
~ errands
~ mop kitchen floor
~ vacuum rugs
~ fold laundry

{new recipe:}

Billie Jo's Turkey Soup was amazing!

{homemaking tip:}

Ashley's idea to start a Thanksgiving Journal in which each family member writes what they are thankful for that year. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of time and thought each of our guests put into their entries.

{on my nightstand:}

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

{making me happy:}

Christmas shopping. We keep things pretty simple so I really get to enjoy the whole process.

{thankful for:}

A wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving with my family.

{looking forward to:}

The Christmas cards I ordered to arrive in the mail this week. Hopefully they turned out as nice as I envision them!

{verse:}

Shepherd me O God beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life.

While singing this hymn at Mass this weekend I was struck by how contrary these words are to our culture especially right now when big question everyone is asking is "What do you want for Christmas?"


-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning, my friend!
    What a perfect Thanksgiving morning breakfast!
    Your morning today sounds lovely...
    I can envision it now. : )
    And...I am so very glad you liked the soup!
    It is a tradition here. : )
    Happy Almost December, my friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love that turkey - adorable and so fun!!

    Sounds like it was a blessed Thanksgiving. I love the picture in my head of your cozy home and your sweet boys hanging out with Mom.

    I love your point on your inspiration too - so true!

    If you get a chance, please pop by my blog. I'm doing a giveaway and it ends tomorrow and I'd love for your to enter as I want to thank my wonderful blogland family for being such blessings to me. I can't imagine you not being a part of that. ;)

    God bless the week ahead for you my Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that turkey! love it!!!!
    Also, I love me some Karen KIngsbury.
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete