Friday, July 10, 2015

Sweet Summer Memories: Week Four

Our bucket activities had a little competition this week as far as the excitement level it created around here. That competition came in the form of swim lessons! I made sure the activities we picked each morning were relatively simple since time and energy was not something I had a lot of this week!

Luckily, my boys are still little enough not to know the difference anyway. :)

This week:


I blew bubbles and the boys chased after them, popping them with sticks and giggling the entire time.


We went for a short walk to find leaves and sticks to make into bugs. We ended up with two butterflies, both named 'Butterfuly' and a stick bug named 'Sticky.'


We got nice and messy while finger painting a masterpiece and learning about color blending.


 We colored old clothespin and bent pipe cleaners into wings to make butterflies. According to my four-year-old this was his favorite activity so far. We made them right after breakfast and both boys were still flying them around come dinnertime!


We read the entire Little Bear series together. We've read these books several times before and I am always amazed by how taken my boys are by the simple yet beautiful illustrations.


And to celebrate the end of Winnie-the-Pooh week and the start of Little Bear week, one rainy afternoon we drank milk and ate toast smeared with butter and drizzled with honey.

-----

~ sweet summer memories I never want to forget ~

5 comments:

  1. Perfect.
    Simply perfect.
    Those Little Bear books just warm my heart.
    And the television show?
    Always my favorite.
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. Will you adopt me? I can just tell your boys are filled with absolute sweetness (like their Mama). Such fun and perfect (and just so darn SWEET) summer activities. And I bet swim lessons are a hit! The water is so much fun!!

    And Little Bear has always been one of my absolute favorites too (& Pooh Bear). xoxo Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great memories... it's these moments they will always remember :-) When my girls were younger they loved Little Bear too! Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet memories...
    I am a new follower to your beautiful blog. I found you through my friend Billie Jo...looking forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love your ideas for summer memories.

    ReplyDelete