Monday, April 20, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

{weather outside:}

Rainy, very windy but mild.

{breakfast this morning:}

Yogurt & Granola and Apricot Tea

{outside my window:}

It stopped raining for the time being but it's still pretty overcast.

{right now I am:}

Drinking my tea with my sweet baby curled up next to me, sound asleep. Love hearing his little newborn squeaks and sighs.

{as I look around my house:}

Since my littlest slept all morning and I had a random surge of energy, I did some much needed cleaning so I'm enjoying the fact that my floors aren't sticky for the first time in almost a month! Aside from a few toys around, the house looks pretty good.

{today's to-do list:}

~pre-k: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons: Lesson 27
~clean bathroom
~mop kitchen floor
~make dinner
~address envelopes for birth announcements :)
~fold laundry

{currently reading:}

Cedar Cove in Bloom by Debbie Macomber
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (with 3-year-old)

{on the menu this week:}

monday: Chicken Noodle Soup & Biscuits
tuesday: Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
wednesday: Rotisserie Chicken, Salad, Baked Sweet Potatoes
thursday: BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Green Beans, Sweet Potato Fries
friday: Leftovers

{creating this week:}

Not really creating anything but I am working on improving my photography skills. A few glitches on my camera are forcing me to finally learn how to use the manual mode.

{favorite photo:}


This is the last of the flowers from the bouquet my husband gave me after our son was born. These flowers meant so much to me because, with my other two babies, my mom brought me a beautiful arrangement so that I'd have something bright and pretty to look at while laying in bed for the first few days. Since this was my first time giving birth since my mom's death, these flowers were such a thoughtful detail on my husband's part. :)

{verse:}

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path."  - Proverbs 3:5-6

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

3 comments:

  1. Laura...
    I so enjoy visiting you here.
    It is always so coz and peaceful. : )
    I am glad you are enjoying your home and sweet family.
    Thinking about you as you miss your mother...and what a thoughtful husband you have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Laura. I envy newborn baby snuggles. ::sigh:: Maybe grandkids one day.....

    The photo of the flowers is beautiful, but the meaning behind them even more so. Good job Laura Hubby!! Blessings to you as I'm sure it's so hard missing your Mom. I bet she's a lovely angel watching over you and your lovely family - especially at this time. xoxo

    God's peace & Love sweet little Mama. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and my heart goes out to you with the loss of your mom. No doubt she is watching over you and your family and is so very proud. :-) Love books by Debbie Macomber, a great author! Have a lovely day!

    Blessings,
    jIll

    ReplyDelete