~ capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Sort of obsessing over this gorgeous fabric that just arrived in the mail. It was intended for our bedroom curtains but now, having seen it in person, I love it so much that I've been mentally redecorating every room in our house to match this bright and colorful pattern! For the time being, it's just hanging on the living room rocking chair as pictured so that I can stare at it all day long.
{happy}
The final item on my pre-baby checklist was to complete this blanket. So relieved to be able to cross that off! Now I will have a sweet and comfy blanket to swaddle my new baby in. :)
{funny}
I never saw so much of my own personality (and shortcomings) in my oldest son until I started teaching him. He gets frustrated so easily - just like his Momma. Since his frustration frustrates me, I am learning to just laugh about it because, well, someone needs to set the example here! And, the good news is, (after some sweat and tears), he did read the above sentence and was grinning from ear to ear once he got it!
{real}
Love this time of the day when the sun brightens our entire house. (Also love that we will finally be taking down that floral wallpaper soon.)
{funny}
I never saw so much of my own personality (and shortcomings) in my oldest son until I started teaching him. He gets frustrated so easily - just like his Momma. Since his frustration frustrates me, I am learning to just laugh about it because, well, someone needs to set the example here! And, the good news is, (after some sweat and tears), he did read the above sentence and was grinning from ear to ear once he got it!
{real}
Love this time of the day when the sun brightens our entire house. (Also love that we will finally be taking down that floral wallpaper soon.)
-----
Linking up with Like Mother Like Daughter today:

Laura!
ReplyDeleteThe baby blanket is beautiful!!!
It is soooo sweet...and I cant wait for you to be snuggling your sweet new soul in it. : )
And...I love the peek into your home.
I miss a high chair against the wall. : )
Have a cozy day, my friend.
Oh, your material is splendid!!!! I hope you have lots of fun deciding where it will go in the house!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that fabric too Laura! I can completely see why you'd want to look at it all day and use it as decorating inspiration. What bright cheerful and beautiful colors!!
ReplyDeleteI can relate as my son is so like me as well. We're both not the best in the patience dept and we can clash at times (plus he's a teenager now, heaven help me). However, my hubby and daughter are very mellow and far more patient - thank goodness. We all balance pretty well.
Your house looks so lovely in that lighting. Thanks for sharing. ;)
xoxo
that fabric....it would make a pretty retro circle skirt.... ;) some much fabric, so little time
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is fabulous! So many possibilities for it–your curtains, a chair cover, throw pillows... ;)
ReplyDelete