As much as I wanted to wait and make it after the baby arrived so that I could choose a gender specific fabric, the realistic part of me knew that if I didn't get it done now it would probably not get done for a while.
Besides, how absolutely precious is this fabric? It will be perfect for a boy or a girl and I'll be able to use it with all my future babies, regardless of their gender.
I paired it with a solid white flannel because I just love the simplicity of white for newborns. To give a little bit of contrast, I did the stitching in light brown on the white flannel side.
I absolutely love how perfectly the classic toile pattern goes with our old fashioned cradle.
I literally sighed a big sigh of relief when I finished it yesterday because I had become a little bit obsessed with having it ready in time for baby's arrival which could be pretty much any day.
I have had an image in my head of this being the first blanket my baby is wrapped up in when it's born and I was determined to make that image a reality! ;)
Now that the blanket is finished, all I need is a baby to swaddle in it!
When I held the finished product up for my three-year-old to see he told me we should write a note on it that says: "Baby, we are so excited for you to come out!" :)
Oh Laura - this post was so sweet and adorable. Your son's words - aack! Went straight to my heart!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE toile so much!! My 8 year old daughter is need of a new bedspread for her room, which has a paris theme, and I'm considering finding a cream and black or cream and pink toile one. Your blanket turned out so beautiful and I can just picture your new bundle all cozy in it.
xo
Oh, it looks so pretty in your cradle! It's lovely. And your little boy's idea of the note made me smile....little guys are so sweet and tender sometimes.
ReplyDelete