In lieu of a bouquet for Valentine's Day this year, as per my request, my husband let me pick out a houseplant. (He also surprised me with a dozen iris bulbs that I will planting in the flower bed in our front yard soon.)
I chose a bright pink kalanchoe from our local grocery store. It was on sale for $1.99 and I had heard from numerous sources that they are extremely easy to care for and almost impossible to kill. The words: "Let the soil surface dry out before waterings..." is what convinced me! (I've had it for almost a month now and have yet to water it!)
As much as I love a big bouquet of flowers, it's so nice to have a bright and cheery houseplant during these dreary, chilly days when I can't stop hoping for the arrival of Spring.
I found this cute idea while searching for information on how to care for these plants and I'm thinking it would make a perfect Mother's Day gift for all the moms in my life this year.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow, this house plant looks amazing and beautiful! . Thanks for sharing with us. :)
ReplyDeleteApu
Lucky Bamboo