Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

{weather outside:}

Snow/freezing rain last night but at least the temperature is expected to get above freezing this afternoon!

{breakfast this morning:}

Haven't eaten yet but it will be oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries.

{outside my window:}

Like I said, we had snow yesterday all afternoon into the evening but then it turned into freezing rain so now it's just an icy/snowy mess out there. Glad I'm snug inside for now.

{right now I am:}

Sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for my boys to wake up. Oatmeal is simmering on the stove and so the room smells like cinnamon.

{as I look around the house:}

Since the boys are still sleeping I had a few minutes to straighten a little when I first woke up so right now it's looking pretty tidy.

{today's to-do list:}

~pre-k: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons: Lesson 5
~2 loads of laundry
~organize lower kitchen cabinets
~make grocery shopping list

{currently reading:}

Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way (re-read)
Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End
Hail Holy Queen
Farmer Boy (with three-year-old)

{currently watching:}

Call the Midwife

{on the menu this week:}

monday: Pasta Fagioli Soup & Crusty Bread
tuesday: BBQ Chicken Salad
wednesday: Avocado Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches & Sweet Potato Fries
thursday: Stuffed Pepper Soup with Crusty Bread
friday: Coconut Shrimp & Salad

{creating this week:}

Kitchen Table/Bench Restoration

{new recipe to try:}

Coconut Shrimp (as per my three-year-old's request)

{favorite photo:}


{verse:}

"...I believe; help my unbelief!" -Mark 9: 24
-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

4 comments:

  1. You're so organized! I've been wanting to purchase the book "How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons." Does it work? Would you buy it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!
    Your morning sounds cozy and productive. : )
    Just finished our weekly menu...Your's looks wonderful.
    Stuffed pepper soup is one of our favorites.
    Tonight we are having some comfort food...Tuna and Noodles, peas and cornbread.
    Peyton is making a lemon chocolate chip cake for dessert. : )
    The snow is blowing, and like you, we are cozy inside.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do your boys like the Little House books? What ages were they when you started reading them? I've been trying to decide if I want to start reading them with Grace (she's 4.5) or if all the questions she'll inevitably ask will kill me. ;) Please show pics of the kitchen table/bench project! I'm gleaning ideas for ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you sunny thoughts dear Gal! We finally have some of that lovely stuff here. All that ice stuff stinks- I know and can relate! We're supposed to get snow here tomorrow but hopefully just a little bit.

    I LOVE Call the Midwife!! I've watched it from the beginning. I can't wait to get back to the next season. Your menu for the week sounds so yummy!!

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead. God bless. xo

    ReplyDelete