~ capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Not only did my in-laws offer to babysit this past weekend but they even gave us a Cheesecake Factory gift card! During our post-dinner-need-to-digest walk around the mall we found an Essie Vending Machine! I had no idea such a thing existed & they had every color imaginable. My husband insisted I pick one out so I went with this pretty pink which will be perfect for Saturday.
{happy}
I love watching my children play together. It brings me so much joy to see their imaginations at work. I always ask them to describe what they are playing so that I can get a little peek inside their creative little minds at work.
{funny}
My 3-year-old made his bed for the first time. (I thought he did a pretty good job!) The funny part was that afterwards he thanked me for letting him!
{real}
One of my pet-peeves is books on the floor not just because it looks messy but also because they get ruined. Lately I've just given up and tried to turn a blind eye to this area of the boys' room since just the thought of bending down to pick them up exhausts me! But yesterday, when my 21 month old ripped the page out of yet another hardcover book I finally organized them. (Now all the nice, hardcover books are hidden in the closet.)
So much better. (Except now that the books are off the floor I can see how badly it needs to be vacuumed! ;)
-----
Linking up with Like Mother Like Daughter today:

Oh, I know the pain of books all over the floor! I've finally accepted that I'm going to have to be the one who sets them back rightly and regularly, but the good news about all that book mess is that they're learning that they are readers and learning to love books - it's worth it!
ReplyDeleteMystie, you are SO right! At least they love to read! :)
Delete