Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pretty Happy Funny Real

Linking up with Like Mother Like Daughter today:

IMG_8896-3


{pretty}


This Primrose was only $.66 at aldi yesterday!


{happy}


Cuddling on my lap as I type this.

{funny}



In anticipation of the snow we are expecting tonight, after helping me prepare dinner, my little guy saved all the seeds from the pepper I had chopped up, put them in a measuring cup, and told me he was saving them to feed the birds during our walk because it's hard for birds to find food when it snows.

{real}


I make steel-cut oats for breakfast almost every morning... And almost every morning, it bubbles over onto the stove because I forget about it in the midst of our morning chaos. At least it forces me to keep my stovetop clean!

-----

~ capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar sort of high grate over my stove. It makes wiping up messes like that a production instead of a quick swipe like the glasstop in our previous house. I love the gas range, but cleaning it is a pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do the same with my steel cut oats until I had a friend share about letting them cook overnight in the crockpot - marvelous and so nice to wake up to ready to go oats.
    Thank you for the kind comment on my blog, I loved popping over here and seeing your pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete