Her baby shower was last weekend and since I was so pleased with how my boys' flannel blankets turned out, I knew I wanted to make one for her baby as well.
She and her husband are very into biking so I decided to go with a bicycle theme for my gift.
Baby's gender is a surprise so that made shopping for fabric a bit more difficult but I am very happy with the patterns I chose: Riley Blake Fancy Free & Cozy Cotton Flannel Mini Dot, both from fabric.com.
To make this blanket a little more special for my friend and her baby, I challenged myself to conquer my fears and figure out how to use all those fancy stitches my machine is capable of. Again, I had to keep it gender neutral, so I went with a pretty vine stitch in yellow right down the middle: simple & sweet.
In lieu of cards, guests were asked to bring a children's book and attach a signed sticker label (that was included with the invitation) to the inside cover to go along with their gift.
Keeping with the bicycle theme, I selected a classic, Curious George Rides a Bike.
I love the way this blanket turned out and, while I realize it's nothing fancy or elaborate, I am happy with the progress I've made in my sewing endeavors. :)
-----
Linking up with Raising Homemakers today.
So cute and thoughtful! I love it! I remember for my shower how fun it was to receive gifts like this, instead of just the ones I had registered for (which were awesome, too). It was nice to get things that veteran moms already used and loved.
ReplyDelete