Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday:



{weather outside:}

Cloudy but nearly 40 degrees so I'll take it! It was nice for the boys to be able to play outside this morning without mittens and hats, etc.

{breakfast this morning:}

Steel cut oats with fresh strawberries on top.

{outside my window:}

Lots of trucks on our street today because they are building a new house next door. The boys have been looking out the front window all morning.

{right now I am:}

On the couch drinking my tea listening to classical music on the radio and smelling chicken soup simmering on the stove.

{as I look around my house:}

Some toys scattered about but otherwise, tidy. Feeling good after a heavy duty vacuuming job in each of the bedrooms this morning.

{today's to-do list:}

~pre-k: letter "T" & number "4"
~vacuum bedrooms
~2 loads of laundry
~organize craft closet

{currently reading:}

The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis

{currently watching:}

Gilmore Girls

{on the menu this week:}

monday: Chicken Noodle Soup
tuesday: Chef Salad, Hard-Boiled Eggs & Baked Sweet Potatoes
wednesday: Burritos
thursday: Leftovers
friday: Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries & Green Beans

{creating at the moment:}

I have been sketching a lot in my project journal, getting all the ideas that buzz around my head onto paper.

{new recipe to try:}

Wendy's Frosty Copycat

{favorite photo:}


Gift tag I made for my latest sewing creation. 

{favorite little thing:}

Haircut! My husband (a man of many talents ;) trimmed about four inches off my hair yesterday and while it's not visibly noticeable since I keep it so long, it feels so bouncy and light!

{verse:}

"I tell you solemnly you will have sorrow, but your sorrow will turn to joy." 
-John 16:20

7 comments:

  1. I love your gift tag! If you haven't started on your craft closet, please share a before and after photo. Love to see how others keep all their craft items organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I've told you before, but I love when you post your meal plan–I'm always looking for new ideas! Plus, I'll have to give that Frosty recipe a try, since the closest Wendy's is an hour and a half away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to check out the Gilmore Girls. For some reason, I keep hearing and reading about it in various, random places. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those gift tags! I bet the kids had so much fun watching the construction. I have watched the Gilmore Girls 4 times through - LOVE that shop! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that gift tag! So cute.

    I really enjoy Beverly Lewis books. I actually bought "The Fiddler" at a book sale, so I need to read it soon.

    Gilmore Girls is one of my favorites...I watched the entire series last year. :)

    ReplyDelete