Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

{weather outside:}

SNOW! Lots of it. We are under blizzard warning until tomorrow night!

{breakfast this morning:}

Overnight Strawberry Steel-Cut Oats

{outside my window:}

Snow is coming down pretty heavy. Streets are already completely covered so all I see is white, white, everywhere.

{right now I am:}

Drinking tea and chit-chatting with my husband. He came home early today and now that we are all safe and snug at home I can relax and enjoy the storm.

{as I look around my house:}

Every room has a soft white glow due to the snow falling.

{today's to-do list:}

-pre-k: letter "U" & number "5"
-3 loads of laundry
-vacuum living room and kitchen

{currently reading:}

The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis

{currently watching:}

Movie night with my husband since he will definitely not be going to work tomorrow. :)

{on them menu this week:}

monday: Bow Tie Pasta with Peas & Ham
tuesday: Ham & White Bean Soup & Cornbread
wednesday: Chef Salad & Baked Sweet Potatoes
thursday: Ham & Brie Panini's, Sweet Potato Fries & Salad
friday: Hawaiian Fried Rice

{creating at the moment:}

Baby blanket for my nephew.

{new recipe to try:}

These Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Pancakes were highly recommended by a friend so I'm thinking of making them as a snowy morning breakfast tomorrow since my husband will be home.

{favorite photo:}


The boys and I stopped at the library and picked out a nice stack of "snow" themed books to keep us occupied for the next couple of days.

{verse:}

"For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control."
-2 Timothy 1:7 (from the First Reading for today)

-----

Linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday: {blizzard edition}

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're all safe at home. Hope you have a lovely, warm and cozy family day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete