Thursday, October 16, 2014

My First Pie

In August my "little" sister celebrated her 22nd birthday. Instead of cake, she requested a pie for dessert. 

Her favorite pie flavors are Strawberry Rhubarb and Peach. Since blueberries and peaches were both at the peak of their season, I decided to be a little original and go with a Blueberry-Peach Pie. 


The whole process was a LOT easier than I had expected. My sister-in-law happened to be over the morning of so with her and the boys in the backyard, I was able to devote my entire kitchen to the grand event, classical music and all. 

I cannot even begin to describe the smell... Tortuously delicious!


I was very happy with the result. And, more importantly, so was my sister.

Next challenge: Apple Pie. A neighboring town hosts an Apple Pie Contest at their Annual Harvest Festival so I told my husband that my goal is to enter an Apple Pie next October... That gives me one year to practice and perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I've only done pies with supervision, but I really want to try an apple one soon!

    ReplyDelete