The base is always the same: romaine, grape tomatoes (my son loves these), and cucumbers. If I have them, I'll add avocado, mushrooms, and peppers.
For protein I usually swap between either chopped hard boiled eggs, chickpeas, or sliced marinated, grilled chicken.
My Mother-in-Law makes the best salads and suggested that I add precooked pasta to make a salad heartier and more filling, especially when serving it as the main meal. Now I either add whole wheat rotini or, my new favorite, precooked quinoa.
My Mother-in-Law also introduced me to Wegman's Broccoli Slaw. It consists of broccoli, carrot, and red cabbage shavings that add extra vitamins as well as a nice crunchy texture.
So, there you have it: a few variations for a hearty, nutrient-packed salad, just in case you're in a bit of a rut.
So, there you have it: a few variations for a hearty, nutrient-packed salad, just in case you're in a bit of a rut.
No comments:
Post a Comment