Winter had almost caused me to forget how much I love a fresh, colorful salad.
{weather outside:}
Cold and rainy. Quite a change from last week's sunshine and warm temperatures but I'm planning a cozy afternoon filled with crafts and baking with my boys so I don't mind.
Cold and rainy. Quite a change from last week's sunshine and warm temperatures but I'm planning a cozy afternoon filled with crafts and baking with my boys so I don't mind.
Quiet, aside from the pitter-patter of the rain and the squeaks and gurgles of my littlest nursing. Just he and I are awake as the older two are taking longer than usual naps. Setting the clocks forward always creates havoc on my boys' {and my!} sleep schedule therefore, I am definitely not a fan of the whole ordeal. As I sit here I can see a few toys {duplos, dinosaurs, tractors} and blankets sprawled about the floor from my boys' play earlier this morning, a large basket of laundry that needs to be folded and put away, and a bird grabbing a snack from the feeder that hangs outside our front window.
{on the breakfast plate:}
me:
plain yogurt topped with pecan & quinoa granola, blackberries & a drizzle of maple syrup
fried eggs topped with sauteed baby kale & sea salt
boys:
fried Egg, arugula & avocado in whole wheat wraps with plain yogurt to dip
pecan & quinoa granola topped with coconut milk & blackberries
bananas with cashew butter to dip
baby:
plain yogurt, avocado & banana with cinnamon, pureed
{menu this week:}
monday: Spaghetti Squash, Tomato Sauce & Meatballs
tuesday: Grilled Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts
wednesday: Chicken Avocado Burritos
thursday: Corned Beef, Cabbage, Mashed Potatoes
friday: Fried Flounder with Grapes, Brown Rice & Asparagus
{new recipe:}
Pecan & Quinoa Granola
{today's to-do list:}
~ fold laundry
~ vacuum rugs
~ errands
~ empty dishwasher
~ make beds
~ straighten
{currently reading:}
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S.Lewis {aloud, with four-year-old}
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskill {audio, while sewing}
Last One Home by Debbie Macomber
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{currently watching:}
How I Met Your Mother {with my husband}
{in my craft basket:}
apron for my aunt's birthday
blanket for my friend's baby shower
{looking forward to:}
Saint Patrick's Day! We always end the night with some Flogging Molly music and a little dance {jumping} party in the living room!
-----
Linking up with Sandra today:

What a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteRainy and cozy here as well, my friend.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to St. Patrick's Day too!!!! : )
Oh my does that salad look delish & make me want salad! Lol ;)
ReplyDeleteA cozy day in with sweet boys sounds pretty lovely. And with such yummy breakfast too!
I want to dance party with you guys on Thursday! Sounds like a perfect St Patty's plan. Lol!! I'll party here & think of you all. ;)
Blessings on your week dear Laura. Xoxo
Your salad looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...the salad looks like spring! Corn is so amazing!
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat salad looks delicious. And I haven't heard Flogging Molly in ages. I was busy listening to Galway Girl (a song from PS I Love You). Happy Friday!!
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks so good. Love the description of your quiet morning while nursing, how I miss those days nursing my babies. Hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's day.
ReplyDelete