Friday, December 11, 2015

New Shop + Giveaway

There's a new little shop over in the crafty land of Etsy!

It's called cotton & may and I am the artist behind it! In my shop you can find, not only a sneak peek at my littlest guy's heart-wrenching smile, but also handmade - you guessed it - swaddle blankets, all designed and sewn by little ol' me.

The shop listing showcases four different desings that are already sewn, pressed and ready to go, but I am also more than happy to custom-design a blanket that will coordinate with a particular theme, character,  color, etc. With so many beautiful, fun fabrics out there, the options are endless!


In honor of my shop's debut here on the blog, I am giving away a blanket to one of my sweet readers. The blanket will be of the winner's choosing from the four different designs showcased in my shop listing and pictured above.

Since the main reasons why I decided to open my shop is because I find so much joy in sewing gifts for others, all you have to do to enter the giveaway is share with me either in a comment below or in an email {laura.aspoonfulofjoy@gmail.com} which blanket you would choose and who you would give it to if you were to win. And even if there aren't any babies in your life at the moment, keep in mind that while these blankets are ideal for swaddling, they are also the perfect size for toddlers and young children too! (My four-year-old and two-year-old sleep with theirs every night!)

The winner will be announced four weeks from today on Friday, January 8th, in honor of my mom's birthday. 

And if you feel so inclined, check out my shop blog where I hope to post more frequently in the future. ;)

7 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I have long admired your sewing projects, so this is awesome! I have quite a few pregnant ladies in my life right now that I'd love to gift a blanket to. All are gorgeous, but I think the boats are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love Etsy! And your shop will be a wonderful addition.
    I am not entering, as unfortunately, I no longer have the need!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the etsy shop!! I love the sweet green/blue/pink blanket with polka dots on the reverse side. I'd use it for Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting, Laura! From the little I know of seeing I know I heart it and want to learn more! Especially in regards to blankets/quilts! Seeing we don't know the gender of our baby yet I can't pick but love all your chosen fabrics. Baby will be here before you pick you're winner so will know more then :D also, will share your good news on FB when I'm at the computer later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Laura!! How lovely and wonderful!!! I think it's such a beautiful thing for you to share your talents with others in this way. Good for you. ;) And how precious is that boy of yours?? Be still my heart. I just want to cuddle him up! Your blankets are just lovely my dear. I love them all - but I think of my little "French" Annie when I see that toile. Goes straight to my heart.
    Congrats my sweet Laura. So awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I love your designs. I would pick the bottom blanket as it would coordinate with my daughters room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Blessings on your new business adventure! ...and Happy Birthday to your mom on the 8th-- it's shared with my dad, too :) I would love to gift it to my new baby grand daughter. I can imagine the snuggly warmth! The prints are all so cute,but I think she'd love the one you have have featured in your shop with baby wrapped up and so happy. Swoon the polka dot inner!!

    ReplyDelete