Monday, December 14, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

A Christmas Tree makes everything cozier.

{weather outside:}

Warm! 60 degrees today! We are having crazy weather here in the Northeast but I'm not complaining especially when it means my family gets to go for after dinner walks to look at Christmas lights without having to bundle up!

{around my home:}

Boys are napping and I am running around the house, flitting from one thing to the next, trying to get as much done as I can while they are all asleep! Christmas music is playing on the radio, a package filled with Christmas presents for my boys is sitting on the kitchen table, chicken for soup later this week is defrosting on the counter... Hoping I can even squeeze in a little wrapping session too! ;)

{menu this week:}

monday: Quesadillas & Green Salad
tuesday: Cheeseburger Pie 
wednesday: Creamy Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
thursday: BBQ Beef, Sweet Potato Fries & Asparagus
friday: Baked Tilapia, Rice & Broccoli 

{to-do today:}

~ wrap gifts
~ pay bills
~ 2 loads of laundry
~ vacuum rugs
~ upload photos
~ write grocery list
~ errands

{on my nightstand:}

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

{in my craft basket:}

Blanket for my littlest
Photo Book for my husband
Jewelry Rack for my sister-in-law

{making me happy:}

Just anticipating Christmas morning with my little family makes me smile. At four, two, and eight months, my boys are at perfect ages for Christmas morning excitement! Being a parent is so fun!

{verse:}

For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely photo, Laura...
    So cozy and precious.
    I miss those baby days!
    Your menu sounds good! I love Cheeseburger pie!
    And The Long Winter was my very favorite of all the Little House Books. : )
    Enjoy these cozy, Christmas filled days with your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo.
    I absolutely love all of the Little House books. The Long Winter is especially cozy on a cold, snowy evening.
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just had such a memory of my sweet little boy (now teenager man/child - Lol) playing with his toys like that on the floor. Love that photo! I can't believe it's been more than 10 years since he was like that ::sigh:: Keep enjoying each precious second. The time sure flies!

    60 degrees is crazy to me!! But so true that it would make for lovely evenings out and about, and looking at Christmas lights too. SO fun!!

    Your menu sounds yummy. Cheeseburger pie and creamy chicken with BROWN rice sound intriguing to me. ;)

    Bet your boys will be excited about that package. A package for "Mom" should be coming soon! (wink wink) Lol Hope you were able to get lots of little Christmas jobs done during their nap time.
    Blessings on your week my dear Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to beleive how quickly Christmas is coming!

    ReplyDelete