Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Saint Nicholas Day

{weather outside:}

Cold at the moment. Temperatures went down to the 20's last night but by this afternoon they are supposed to get back up to the mid-50's! Very unusual December weather for us.

{around my home:}

Quiet and cozy since I'm the only one up so far. House is tidy but floors need a good cleaning. After a busy weekend I'm happy to spend today getting everything back in order. Relieved that, despite the business, I was able to keep up on laundry so that's one less thing to worry about the Monday morning.

{menu this week:}

monday: Chili & Cornbread
tuesday: Baked Ziti & Ceasar Salad
wednesday: Leftovers
thursday: Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup & Biscuits
friday: Roasted Salmon & Broccoli with Brown Rice

{to-do today:}

~ 2 loads of laundry
~ straighten living room
~ mail Christmas cards
~ vacuum floors
~ empty dishwasher
~ write grocery list
~ upload photos

{new recipe:)

These BBQ Meatballs were a big hit at my Dad's 60th Birthday Party this weekend. The recipe is so ridiculously simple I almost didn't want to tell anyone my secret! ;)

{on my nightstand:}

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

{in my craft basket:}

Blanket for my littlest
Photo Book for my husband

{making me happy:}

My crawling, babbling, giggling eight-month-old ray of sunshine.

{thankful for:}

My family. I am so blest to have a wonderful husband and three sweet boys to share all the traditions of Christmas with.

{lesson learned:}

I can be pretty stubborn, especially when it comes to traditions - almost to the point where, everything has to be so perfect that I suck all the fun out of it! ;) Well, now that I have children I am definitely learning to be more flexible and just go with the flow.

{verse:}

O come, O come, Emmanuel 
And ranson captive Israel 
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice Rejoice Emmanuel
Shall come to Thee, O Israel. 
-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

5 comments:

  1. I like your share from "lesson learned". I'm the same way with traditions. We are learning to go with the flow this year. ;-) Creamy chicken noodle soup sounds delicious! Oh, and I read The Bridge a while back and thought it was a delightful read. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts of yours so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post. I may just check out thoes bbq meatballs. My husband loves meatballs. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cozy dear Friend. I love the thought of you up before the Littles doing your little Mama stuff. I haven't made the meatballs like those in ages. Thanks for the reminder. ;) I made Pioneer Woman's comfort food homemade meatballs tonigh- so good! Much more putzy but very tasty and comforting. I always double the sauce too -otherwise it doesn't cover enough to the tastes of my Hubby and FIL.

    I'll be shipping your goodies on Thursday!! I was waiting on adhesive I had ordered a while back (it was delayed, but finally got here today). I will be busy volunteering at my daughter's school tomorrow all morning and then an appointment with my MIL in the afternoon. So I'll bake the pecans tomorrow night and will get to the post office Thursday! Yay!! Can't wait for you to get your things!!

    Blessings to you during this beautiful and holy season and enjoy the rest of your week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I always love these posts. I need to join in one of these Mondays.

    ReplyDelete