Monday, November 16, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Sunday Breakfast: cinnamon sugar biscuits to go with our eggs and bacon.

{weather outside:}

Gorgeous! 65 degrees and sunny! Unusually warm for November so I'm just soaking it in while it lasts!

{around my home:}

Sunshine is streaming in through the open windows, my littlest is falling asleep on my lap, nursing, while my older two nap. The house is quiet, tidy, and in order thanks to a calm weekend home during which I could keep up with housework.

{menu this week:}

monday: Steak Salad & Corn Bread
tuesday: Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli
wednesday: Beef Stew & Egg Noodles
thursday: Gnocchi Soup & Crusty Bread
friday: Parmesan Baked Salmon & Broccoli

{making me happy:}

My baby boy's giggles.

{to-do list:}

~ make dinner
~ errands
~ phone calls
~ 2 loads of laundry
~ straighten

{homemaking tip:}

Cube butter and then pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to make it extra firm before using a pastry blender to work the shortening into the dough.

{new recipe:}

Roast Beef: Made this over the weekend. It was easy to follow and turned out delicious!

{on my nightstand:}

The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber
On the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder

{thankful for:}

Daily Mass: On the rare occasion that we are able to get there, I always so grateful that I did afterwards.

{looking forward to:}

Upcoming date night with my husband. :)

{on my mind:}

Thanksgiving Weekend. We are still finalizing our plans but it looks like I will be hosting and I couldn't be more excited.

{lesson learned:}

Pay attention to the little things! This morning my middle guy was singing along with a Leap Frog toy that plays the ABC's. In my mind I thought: "Oh good, he's occupied so I can load the dishwasher." (He's my trouble maker! ;) My oldest comes into the kitchen and says: "Mommy, look how cute he is singing his ABC's!" I immediately stopped what I was doing, really listened, smiled, and then thanked my son for helping me take notice of a precious moment that otherwise would have simply slipped away.

{verse:}

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. 
 - Proverbs 3:5
-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

8 comments:

  1. I love love love those plates! Also, I hope you and the hubby have a wonderful date night, it's so important to get away as a couple.
    I'll definitely be trying your roast beef.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that advice - stopping to pay attention to te the little things really is what makes each day a blessing. Date nights help too!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love visits here, my friend...
    You inspire me so! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Date nights are so important!! Have a great one!
    Also love your thoughts on the "little things". That helped me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend with our kids. (All our kids will be with their other parents ON Thanksgiving this year. We are a blended family.) I just shopped for most of our simple dinner. It's going to be yummy though! Macomber is one of my favorite authors, although I'm enjoying Hannah right now. Enjoy your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and very true, we have to take time for the little things they truly pass by so quickly! I love Debbie Macomber's books. :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your homemaker Monday posts. Hope you are having a wonderful week!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm late dear Friend. Been busy busy busy. Tis the season I guess. ;)

    Love the look of those biscuits. - yum!! That roast beef sounds just lovely too.

    Yay for date nights! And hosting Thanksgiving - what fun!! Holidays are truly almost here. ::insert giddy giggle here::

    And I LOVE the end of this post with your sweet boys and taking time to really live in the moment. Perfection.
    Blessings Lovie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete