{weather outside:}
After a relatively mild weekend, I awoke to enough of a chill that I quickly turned the heat on so that the house warms up a bit before everyone else wakes up. Forecast predicts high 50's today with lots of sunshine.
{around my home:}
Quiet, dark and chilly as I'm the first one up. My sister slept over last night so I'm looking forward to spending the morning with her today. She and my dad came over for dinner last night so I made a Sunday feast consisting of Corned Beef, Corn Bread Casserole, Green Salad with Carrie's scrumptious Honey Dijon Dressing, and Irish Soda Bread that we enjoyed in the midst of watching football games.
{menu this week:}
monday: Autumn Chicken (Our new favorite dinner!)
tuesday: Salmon, Broccoli & Rice
wednesday: Veteran's Day (My husband gets a free meal so we always eat out to celebrate! :)thursday: Chicken Burritos
friday: Lasagna Soup & Crusty Bread
{making me happy:}
Checking the chicken coop for warm, fresh eggs with my boys every day.
{today's to-do list:}
~ 3 loads of laundry
~ straighten
~ return library books
~ plan menu
~ write grocery list
~ fold laundry
~ vacuum
~ dust
{on my nightstand:}
The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber
On the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{thankful for:}
All of your kind condolence with regards to my Grandmother. Your words are like sweet balm to my grieving heart.
{looking forward to:}
Finalizing plans for Thanksgiving - one of my favorite holidays! :)
{on my mind:}
My Grandmother went to be with the Lord last weekend and I am honestly so happy for her. As much as I miss her, I have so much peace in my heart knowing that she is no longer suffering and finally rejoicing in heaven!
{lesson learned:}
Losing my eighty-eight year old grandma has been so much less devastating than losing my fifty-five year old mother two years ago. My mom's death was so traumatic to me that I am only recently starting to feel some semblance of normal again and I wasn't sure how my Grandma's death would affect that grieving process. I am happy to say (and I know my Grandma would be happy about this too) that I am sad but very much at peace.
{verse:}
May the angels lead you into paradise; May the martyrs await you at your arrival and lead you to the holy city, Jerusalem.
Taken from the Latin Liturgy of the Requiem Mass.
-----

I love your plates ,they are beautiful! I am also loving sheet pan dinners, and will definitely make that Autum Chicken soon!
ReplyDeleteYou inspire, my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteAlways.
Prayers
For your grandmother and her sweet soul.
I just pinned that Autumn Chicken, I'm excited to try it! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your grandmother. Praying for you!
Sounds like a perfect family feast night! (glad you liked the dressing) ;)
ReplyDeleteI love that autumn chicken - I think that's the one you shared before and I made it - so good!! And acknowledgements to your hubby for Veteran's Day.
I'm so happy to hear that you're doing okay since your Gram went to be with the Lord. I think you're right that she (& your Mom) would be happy that you're at peace. I'm sure they're both smiling over your.
Blessings on this week ahead as we rapidly speed to your favorite holiday! xoxo
Those pumpkin pancakes look and sound divine! Autumn chicken -YUM!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your grandmother. In time your sweet memories of her will replace your grief.
I am so sorry for your loss, but glad to know you had precious last moments with her, and will see her again.
ReplyDeleteYour pumpkin pancakes look delicious, and those blue plates are gorgeous. I'm partial to anything blue!