Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


 Family Hike

{weather outside:}

It's still dark and chilly out right now but we are expected to have a breezy, sunny day with a high around 60 degrees.

{around my home:}

Aside from the subtle notes of classical music softly playing on the radio, everything in my home is quiet at the moment. It's pretty early and everyone else is still sleeping as I sit at the kitchen table writing this with a mug of Strawberry Green Tea in my hand and an apple scented candle burning on the counter. Had some time to straighten after dinner last night so everything looks pretty tidy and cozy.

{menu this week:}

monday: Balsamic Chicken with Asparagus & Tomatoes over Rice
tuesday: Dijon Mac & Cheese with Kielbasa
wednesday: Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli with Rice
thursday: Taco Soup
friday: Autumn Chicken Bake with Crusty Bread

{new recipe:}

Balsamic Chicken with Asparagus & Tomatoes
Autumn Chicken Bake

{making me happy:}

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

{today's to-do list:}

~ errands
~ 2 loads of laundry
~ vacuum
~ mop
~ dust
~ straighten
~ upload photos

{on my nightstand:}

Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maude Montgomery (Cooler weather always puts me in an "Anne" mood. :)
On the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder

{in my craft basket:}

kitchen curtain

{thankful for:}

My little family of boys who fill my days with so much craziness and my heart with so much love.

{looking forward to:}

November. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!

{on my mind:}

My Grandma. She is courageously enduring as the cancer in her body painfully progresses. Such an example of humble suffering I have been given the grace to witness in first my mom and now my grandma. I hope that when my day comes I can face sickness and death with as much grace as these women have.

{lesson learned:}

There are times when my gift to others needs to be as simple as my presence and the presence of my children. (Because it takes that much effort just to get everyone out the door!) I visited my Grandma on her birthday completely empty-handed but, after many apologies on my part, she finally convinced me that the joy our visit brought to her was more than any material gift I could ever give her right now.

{verse:}

For everything there is a season; A time for every activity under heaven.

- Ecclesiastes 3:1 

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

HHM

9 comments:

  1. Good morning my sweet friend.
    Prayers for you Grammie and for you as well...
    Life is something isn't it?
    We walk through the different seasons with our loved ones, and are reminded that although we may be in different places, we are all traveling that same path.
    You are a blessing to all who know you.
    Have a cozy week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to see our loved ones slip away. One of my grannies passed away in 2014 and the other is withering away from dementia. It is hard. On a lighter note, I love my little boys, too. I have two of them and they are a delight! I read seasonally, too. In the summer, I always reread The Long Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post makes me feel so cozy and grateful for many blessings dear Laura!

    We're so similar as I enjoy my gleaming candle and classical music in the AM. ;) Your menu sounds so warming and yummy. I would love to have your dijon mac and cheese with kielbasa recipe! My hubby would LOVE that one.

    And I love Anne books in the Fall too. I gave away my collection long ago - but just ordered Anne of Windy Poplars as I feel like reading that one this time of year. I also ordered some of the Avonlea series to watch. Start introducing my Annie to more of Anne.

    Please know big prayers of peace sent to your Grandma and your family. Death and saying good-bye can be so hard. But when we love and celebrate the beautiful life of that person and share our memories a bit of them goes on forever. I think that's partly why I love scrapbooks so much. And of course there's the wonderful day we get to be with them again one day! Jesus sure is a rock star to help us with that one. ;) Lol

    Have a wonderful week my Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Major prayers are with your grandma, dear. She's so courageous...
    Have a peaceful week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that your grandma is battling cancer. It is very hard to watch loved ones endure it. Pumpkin ice cream sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious how the new recipes turned out! And I was JUST thinking that it was about time to start over with Anne again, since it's fall! haha!

    So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The balsalmic chicken recipe sounds really good, could you possibly share the recipe in a future post? :-) I will continue to pray for your grandma and you are right just seeing someone in person is a true gift. Thinking of you during this difficult time.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I a ways enjoy reading your homemaking posts...I find myself leaving calm and relaxed.
    Keeping you I and your grandma in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post sounds like a lovely fall morning. I love enjoy a yummy drink & music while blogging.
    I love your menu plan for the week!
    Blessings & peace to your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete