Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Cherry Kuchen Bars: One of many treats the boys and I made for Father's Day.

{weather outside:}

Absolutely gorgeous! Hot and sunny but no humidity. Perfect for the first official day of summer.

{making me happy:}

After rain and cold temperatures almost all of last week, I am SO happy that it finally feels like summer!

{menu:}

monday: Burritos
tuesday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Potato Salad & Green Beans
wednesday: BBQ Pork Salad & Baked Sweet Potatoes
thursday:
friday:

{around my home:}

Older boys are napping, tea is brewing, windows are open and I am enjoying the breeze as I sit on the couch with my cooing, smiling baby on my lap.

{today's to-do list:}

~pre-k: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
~fold laundry
~vacuum bedrooms
~prepare dinner for my grandparents

{looking forward to this week:}

My neighbor growing up is still one of my dearest friends. (Our parents have lived next door to each other since we were four and five.) Her 30th birthday is this weekend so a little circle of our closest friends (plus my little guy :) are taking her out to dinner.

{on the nightstand:}

The Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson (SO good!)
Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber
On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder

{in the craft basket:}

A baby blanket for my husband's cousin who is due next month. Let's see if I can get it done in time!

{something learned:}

Piqued with curiosity after trying a new recipe for Cherry Kuchen Bars (pictured above), I looked up the word 'kuchen.' Well, for anyone else who's vocabulary is less than stellar, the word 'kuchen' is German for 'a cake, especially one eaten with coffee.' That's my kind of word. :)

{on my mind:}

Gratitude for being blest with such a wonderful, selfless and Godly husband and father to my children.

{verse:}

'Train up a child in the way he should go; And when he is old he will not depart from it.'
-Proverbs 22:6

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

HHM

5 comments:

  1. Laura, those bars look amazing! My mother has always made something similar that I remember growing up...SO GOOD! So fun to read your check-in’s ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Laura!
    Your cake looks delish! I bet your hubby and all the crew gobble that one up quickly. ;) Hope it was a lovely Father's Day.

    Yay for warm summer weather!! I hope it continues for you.

    Have a lot of fun going out with your friend. And hope we get to see the blanket project when you're done.
    Blessings for a beautiful week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that cake looks amazing, yum. Bet your husband loved it :) I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend on her birthday, I'm sure she'll love being surrounded by so many friends on her special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cherry bars look incredible. I have quite a few cherries in my fridge...may have to look for that recipe. Sounds like you have a fun week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dessert looks yummy! Wonder if it can be made with apples or peaches or strawberries? I bet so! Enjoy your dinner with your friend! Sounds like a great time for catching up and laughter!

    ReplyDelete