It's a curtain! (Possibly the only thing easier to sew than a baby blanket.)
I'm not a huge fan of blinds or shades except in the bedrooms so I wanted to make something that would be easy to open and close as needed for sunlight and privacy purposes.
I love the toile fabric and I love the fact that it coordinates with but doesn't match the other curtains in the room. It gives a relaxed, country look, in my mind anyway.
The green ribbon had been sitting in my craft box since my bridal shower (thanks to Pottery Barn Bridal Registry gifts :) and was the exact shade of green as some of the throw pillows on my couch.
The entire process from beginning to end took me less than an hour. Of course, I decided to work on it during a random burst of energy around 9 pm which might help explain why it's a little crooked. ;) But that can be easily remedied and it's not noticeable unless the curtain is closed so I'm not too concerned with fixing it until after the baby arrives and things have settled down. (In other words, never! ;)
Next up on my project list: toile throw pillow covers to match.
It is beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the color of your walls. : )
P.S. Can we still be friends if I admit I cannot sew a button?
Love it!! That toile is so pretty. Perfect for that window. Great job little Lady. ;)
ReplyDelete