Since I've been in baby blanket making mode lately, it just made sense to whip one up for him as well.
As soon as I saw this Michael Miller fabric from fabric.com I knew it would be perfect for the little guy. My brother-in-law sails so this pattern couldn't be more appropriate plus it's just plain adorable. I love all the bright colors.
My three-year-old loves anything orange so when I asked him what color he thought I should use for the zig-zag stitch around the edge, not surprisingly, he said orange. Luckily, it coordinated nicely with the rest of the colors.
I decided to be daring and try rounding the corners. I must admit it was even more difficult than I expected. They are far from perfect but hopefully my sister won't be too harsh a critic. ;)
I still have a good amount of fabric leftover so I would love to make him a matching bib if I have time. We'll see...
I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm certain your nephew will too!
From someone who can't sew a button...literally...I greatly admire your talent. : )
Looks adorable! I love the colors and pattern you chose. I can't sew or stitch to save my life, but I'm always so impressed with those who are so capable in that world. I could, however, greatly enjoy the creative process of picking the patterns and colors (kind of like scrapbooking). ;)
ReplyDeletexo
Hi thanks for sharing thhis
ReplyDelete