Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

{weather outside:}

Well, we already hit our high for the day of 28 degrees. Now the temperature has been steadily dropping and and will do so until tonight when it's supposed to get down to -2 degrees. But yesterday afternoon was nearly forty degrees and sunny. Such a treat and a reminder that Spring will be here before we know it!

{breakfast this morning:}

Oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries.

{outside my window:}

Cloudy, dreary and white.

{right now I am:}

Eating breakfast with my boys.

{as I look around the house:}

It's pretty dirty, literally. My husband and father-in-law rewired the lighting in our kitchen and installed a new light fixture with a ceiling fan yesterday. I absolutely love it but it was so late by the time they finished that we didn't have the energy to clean up last night. So, at the moment, there's a nice little layer of sawdust and dirt on the kitchen and living room floors that needs to be taken care of very soon.

{today's to-do list:}

~pre-K: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons: Lesson 1 (so excited to start this!)
~lots of laundrry
~vacuum kitchen & living room floors
~organize sewing area

{currently reading:}

Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End
Hail Holy Queen
Little House in the Big Woods (with three-year-old)

{currently watching:}

Gilmore Girls

{on the menu this week:}

monday: Chili & Cornbread
tuesday: Chicken Salad Melts, Sweet Potato Fries & Salad
wednesday: Italian Vegetable Soup & Crusty Bread
thursday: BBQ Chicken Salad
friday: Baked Tilapia, Brown Rice & Green Beans

{creating at the moment:}

Kitchen Table Restoration

{new recipe to try:}

Date & Oat Bars

{favorite photo:}


Waiting for the birds to come and eat out of their fancy new feeder.

{verse:}

"The Spirit drove Jesus into the desert, and he remained in the desert for forty days, tempted by Satan." - Mark 1:12-15
-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Laura!
    So nice to share your morning with you!
    How exciting starting your preschool work. : )
    I adore Preschool. My Flynn is in Preschool, and I love spending our mornings together. : )
    Your menu sound yummy...
    I am menu planner as well.
    Have a cozy day, my dew friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Chicken Salad Melts sound intriguing!
    I'll take my 24 degrees and warming over yours today!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used Teach Your Child To Read as well. It is so much fun and so rewarding to teach them yourself. Have a lovely week. I'm planning to join in next week here from Australia, so my weather report will be slightly different!

    ReplyDelete