Linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday.
{weather outside:}
Freezing rain, icy and cold.
{breakfast this morning:}
Steel-cut oatmeal, warm and filling.
{outside my window:}
Dark, rainy and cloudy making it very cozy inside.
{right now I am:}
Drinking my tea at the kitchen table while typing this and listening to classical music. The boys are still taking their much needed naps and I just woke up from mine.
{as I look around my house:}
I am enjoying the new way that I have arranged our living room now that the Christmas tree is down.
{today's to-do list:}
~preschool: letter "R" & number "3"
~sew
~lots of organizing
~make dinner
{currently reading:}
Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
{currently watching:}
Call the Midwife
{on the menu this week:}
monday: chili & corn muffins
tuesday: beef & vegetable soup & brown soda bread
wednesday: creamy chicken & rice
thursday: spaghetti carbonara
friday: meatloaf, sweet potatoes & broccoli
{creating at the moment:}
Plan on starting a baby blanket for my nephew tonight if I have the energy once the boys go to bed.
{new recipe to try:}
Creamy Chicken & Rice
{favorite photo:}
My three-year-old was very proud of himself for being able to put the finger puppets I made him on all by himself!
{favorite little things:}
My plum colored nails that I painted over the weekend to match the outfit I wore to my friend's baby shower on Sunday.
{verse:}
"In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the ages."
-Hebrews 1:1-2 {from the First Reading for today}

You've got several of my favorites in your post today - Engaging Father Christmas is one of my all-time favorite books (considering it combines two of my loves, England and Christmas, that's not hard to understand!). I saved all of my daughter's Letter and Number artwork from the days when there would be a Letter of the Week or Number of the Week. I love going back through her preschool scrapbooks and looking at the things she created. So precious. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're going to have some rib sticking meals this week to go with your weather too. LOL I left my living room the way we arranged it to set up the Christmas tree too!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.