Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Vegetable Friends/Pinstipe Flannel Baby Blanket

Last year I bought the most adorable fabric on clearance at Ikea for my boys. Although I hadn't pulled out my sewing machine in years, I had hoped this purchase would serve as some motivation. And it did... over a year later but better late than never, right?

Both my boys love blankets and my three year old especially loves to tuck his stuffed animals in "nice and cozy."

So for Christmas I made them each a throw using a blue and white pinstripe flannel from Hobby Lobby and the Vegetable Friends fabric I had purchased from Ikea.


Each afternoon during the boys' naps, I sat at my sewing machine stitching away with a big mug of hot tea, my kitten curled up at my feet, Christmas carols playing in the background and even some snow flurries outside the window. So cozy.

I am so happy with how they turned out! They look adorable on the boy's beds and are the perfect size for toddlers who like to drag their blankets everywhere they go.


So far we have used them for living room picnics, tent building and, of course, cuddling on the couch together.

These blankets could not have been easier to make. I am very much a beginner at sewing and, like I said, had not used my sewing machine in years. (Four and a half years, to be exact, since my last sewing project was aprons for each of my seven bridesmaids the summer before I got married. :)

I based my blankets off this easy-to-follow tutorial, with a few adjustments.

Now that my sewing machine is all set up and ready to go I am addicted. I have quite the growing list of projects that I hope to complete before baby #3 arrives in a few months...

(And in the 50% chance that I am having a girl, there is a Pinterest board practically devoted to pinafores and sundresses for her. ;)

-----

Linking up with Whole Hearted Home today. 

2 comments:

  1. The vegetable print is cute, but what I'm really digging is the blue and white stripe! So fresh and springy, if that makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! :) Seeing my kids curl up with something I made always makes me smile. Those blankets are treasures.

    ReplyDelete