Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Polenta with Fried Eggs & Summer Vegetables

I was pleasantly surprised, the first time I prepared it, by how well this trio of foods compliment each other. An even better surprise was that my husband and son loved it as much as I did.

Since I pretty much always have all the ingredients in stock and it only takes a few minutes to prepare, we've been eating it a lot this Summer (and have yet to tire of it).

This recipe serves three.


-----

{Fried Eggs & Sauteed Summer Vegetables over Polenta}

6 eggs
1 T. olive oil
fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
1 c. grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
1 c. corn meal
1 c. milk
2 c. boiling water
1 t. salt

Heat olive oil and onions in a small pan. Add zucchini and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer for fifteen minutes.

Add milk and salt to a medium saucepan. Whisk in corn meal. Whisking continuously to prevent lumps, slowly add boiling water. Simmer for ten minutes until thickened.

Fry eggs over easy.

Serve eggs and vegetables over polenta. Season with parmesan cheese if desired.


{enjoy!}

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really tasty! I think we'll be trying it this week. :)

    ReplyDelete