Wednesday, December 5, 2012

{recipes} Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Pork Loin

I guess I'm on a little bit of a cranberry and apple kick here but this recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect for this time of the year. My favorite part is the delicious smell that resonates throughout the house all day long.

Growing up I always hated when my mom made pork because it was so dry and took forever to chew! It wasn't until I found (and modified) this recipe that I really began to like pork. This meat comes out so tender that no knife is needed - it literally falls apart the moment you touch it!

If I know I'm going to be out all day, (which is rare ;) I'll add some fresh or frozen broccoli or green beans to cook along with the pork that way the only thing I have to prepare when I get in that evening is some rice to serve it over.

------------

{Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Pork Loin}

2 pork loins
1 14 oz. can cranberry sauce
1 c. applesauce
1/2 - 1 c. water
1 small onion, sliced thin
1/4 c. cranberries, fresh or frozen (can be substituted with dried cranberries)

Combine cranberry sauce, applesauce, and water in slow cooker. Stir in onion and cranberries. Add pork loins and spoon sauce over top. Cook at low, 6 - 8 hours. Serve over rice.

{enjoy!}

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Keep the recipes coming! In dire need of some new crockpot ones. Happy feast of St. Nicholas friend!

    ReplyDelete