Wednesday, May 30, 2012

{motherhood} Safety Pin Trick

If you are a breastfeeding mom perhaps you too will benefit from this little trick my friend shared with me recently.

I nurse my son on one side at a time and often forget which side I nursed him on last. (I know, such a simple little thing but when you have a hungry, crying baby in your arms, the last thing you want to do is get all situated and start nursing on the wrong side!)

The other day, as my friend witnessed this minor crisis, she suggested that I attach a safety pin to the side of my bra that I am currently feeding my son on. Genius!

Now, I merely check where the safety pin is before each feeding to know where I left off!

-------------------------

Do you have any nursing "tricks"?

2 comments:

  1. I use a similar trick during the newborn stage when I'm nursing so often and I can't think straight! I used a cheap stretchy bracelet and would switch wrists with each session. I've also just used a hair tie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I usually remember which side to start with. Yesterday I had the kids at the library, saw my reflection in our car window, and realized I hadn't clipped my nursing bra back up after the last feeding. Oops! At least I caught it and the only person who would have seen it was our daycare provider...

    ReplyDelete