Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crock Pot Cleaning Tip

Just another exciting "under the kitchen sink" science experiment last night...

After days of soaking my crock pot with dish soap and warm water in hopes of loosening a thick layer of burnt barbeque sauce to no avail, I decided to use my tried and true method for cleaning pretty much everything: baking soda + vinegar. 

It worked like magic. I sprinkled a layer of baking soda on the bottom and then drizzled a little vinegar on top. (It erupted like those volcanos you make in 6th grade. ;) Then I let it soak overnight. In the morning, I drained the crock pot and the burnt pieces fell right out! 

So, just in case you ever burn your crock pot like me, forget all those chemical sprays and try this! Seriously, I love baking soda and vinegar - they have yet to fail me! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember this! Yet another use for baking soda and vinegar- I love cleaning with them. So cheap and no gross chemicals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! They are wonderful!! I am ignoring the pot in my sink. I'll definitely try this out later! :)

    ReplyDelete