Spaghetti Squash: My new favorite food!
{weather outside:}
After a gorgeous October weekend, we are expected to have another beautiful day today with lots of sunshine and a high of 75 degrees.
{around my home:}
After a weekend of painting our house is in a state of disarray this morning but I'm thoroughly enjoying the process of putting it back together again now that my kitchen walls boast a beautiful robin egg blue hue. There is classical music playing on the radio but all I can hear at the moment is my son's tune of Twinkle Twinkle on the harmonica and it's the loveliest sound to this mother's ears. Our breakfast of fried eggs and toast with butter and jam is cooking as my older boys are pretending to be firefighters, rescuing fish from the fire that's coming (?! ;) and my littlest is contently watching them play.
{menu this week:}
monday: Baked Tilapia with Grapes, Brown Rice & Broccoli
tuesday: Taco Soup & Salad
wednesday: James Beard Stew & Crusty Bread (I hope to post this recipe soon for those who asked!)
thursday: Grilled Chicken over Roasted Spaghetti Squash, Arugula & Feta
friday: Chicken, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Soup & Biscuits
{new recipe:}
Slow-Cooker Taco Soup
Slow-Cooker Chicken, Sweet Potato & Quinoa Soup
{making me happy:}
My two-year-old's squeaky little voice and quickly growing vocabulary.
{today's to-do list:}
~ 2 loads of laundry
~ upload photos
~ vacuum
~ mop
~ straighten
~ bake cookies (to thank my husband :)
{on my nightstand:}
Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn
By the Shore of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{thankful for:}
My hard-working husband who spent nearly this entire weekend painting our kitchen.
{looking forward to:}
Nothing extraordinary on our agenda the next couple of weeks so I am simply enjoying the ordinary, day-to-day moments with my sweet trio of little boys - and my wonderful husband, of course. ;)
{on my mind:}
Trusting in God in both big and little things instead of worrying about them.
{verse:}
Therefore you now have sorrow but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice and that joy no one can take from you!
- John 16:22
Linking up with Sandra today:

Would love a peek at your kitchen!!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the glorious day...
Same here!
The sun is shining, and the trees are bursting with color.
I can tell they are nearing the end of their journey, though.
Thinking of taking the kids on a leaf ride today. : )
Have a wonderful day!
I am with Billie Jo! I cannot wait to see the kitchen!
ReplyDeleteI have a spaghetti squash hanging around my house, and I need to know what on earth I can do with it!
Have a beautiful week!
OH I bet your kitchen looks beautiful!! That kind of blue is so pretty. ;)
ReplyDeleteI haven't made spaghetti squash in ages, but you've inspired me to want to get some soon! I always love your menu - so yummy and healthy sounding. I have such a fussy crew from my the older generation I cook for (my FIL is such a meat and potatoes guy) and my hubby and kiddos don't like fish etc. I swear I'm the only adventurous soul around here. I have a lot of fun when we go out to eat and get more fish and other fun dishes for myself that way.
Enjoy your week ahead with your beautiful Family dear Gal. xoxo
My husband will eat pretty much anything and that makes my life SO much easier because, if anyone around here is picky, it's me! ;) As far as my boys, so far they are excellent eaters and, while they have their preferences, are pretty good about tasting different foods so that helps too! Wish you lived closer, would love to have you for dinner sometime! :)
DeleteOh my that spaghetti squash dish looks SOOOOOO good!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see a picture of your kitchen. The color sounds so soothing.
Have a wonderful week and enjoy that gorgeous weather!
Love Tilapia, so good. Your menu sounds yummy. I also love spaghetti squash but haven't had it in quite a while :) Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteOh, your new kitchen color sounds beautiful!!! I love blue, and have slowly been incorporating it into our living area (accent wise).
ReplyDeleteSlow cooker taco soup sounds wonderful. I love finding new crock pot recipes!
Happy Tuesday! :)