Monday, October 5, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Apple Crumble Pie

{weather outside:}

After a rainy, chilly weekend, we finally have some sunshine and higher temperatures on the forecast this week. Today is expected to be sunny and mid-60's, a beautiful October day.

{around my home:}

The boys are eating their breakfast of eggs, yogurt & muffins at the kitchen table while I am nursing my baby in the rocking chair and writing this. We were home most of the weekend so I was able to keep up with laundry and tidying up but my husband was sanding and spackling the kitchen walls so the floors need some work. Apple scented candle is burning, classical music is playing, tea is brewing, and there is a chilliness in the air: it definitely feels like October!

{menu this week:}

monday: Slow Cooker Beef & Barley Soup with Irish Soda Brown Bread & Salad
tuesday: Leftovers
wednesday: Honey Baked Chicken, Brown Rice & Broccoli
thursday: Chicken & Butternut Squash Stew
friday: Minestrone & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

{new recipe:}

Slow Cooker Beef & Barley Soup

{making me happy:}

Seat warmers make those early morning drives so much more pleasant!

{today's to-do list:}

~ vacuum
~ mop
~ 2 loads of laundry
~ write grocery list
~ errands

{on my nightstand:}

Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn
By the Shore of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder (with four-year-old)

{thankful for:}

While saving photos to external drives over the weekend I happened upon some short but sweet videos with my mom in them! She was never the main focus of the video (she was humble like that - unlike me! ;) but just seeing her in the background, sipping on her tea or hearing her voice, conversing with my sisters, brought me so much joy!

{looking forward to:}

Local Fall Festival this weekend.

{on my mind:}

My Grandma who is very sick. :( We visited her yesterday and it was so nice to be able to sit and chat with her while my cousin and uncle brought the boys outside to play. After losing my mom I have definitely learned to soak up these precious moments with loved ones while I can.

{verse:}

Know that I am with you always, even unto the end of time.
- Matthew 28:20

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

HHM


6 comments:

  1. We also had a rainy chilly weekend. It is so nice to see the sun shining today, and enjoy the warmer temps. These are the best fall days. Not too hot and not too cold. :) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your Grandma, and while bittersweet, I am glad you found those precious videos with your Mom in them. My own Momma and I just recently reconnected...
    That apple crumble pie looks amazing!
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a cloudy day today and some rain in the forecast, enjoy your sun :) I've sent a prayer up for your grandma, I'm going through something similar with mine and I know how difficult it is.

    What a wonderful treasure to find those videos with your mom, that is something you will always be able to keep and go back and watch when you miss her.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie looks scrumptious. I'm inspired to bake one soon! My husband loves pumpkin pie, so maybe I'll make that and surprise him with it. :)

    Love that you are soaking up time with your grandma. And what a treasure to find those videos!

    Happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I'm starting to look forward to what goodie you'll head this post with each week, and this one doesn't disappoint! That looks so yummy!!!

    Your home sounds so lovely and just the way I love my space - lovely music, hot tea, a breeze at the window. Perfection. Do you use pandora? I love the Joshua Bell station lately. He plays the violin in a way that makes me want to weep. ;)

    Your menu sounds so yummy and Fallish and like healthy wholesome goodness. Delish!

    HOw precious to find the videos with your Mom. That's awesome! I think she was sending you a hello.

    Prayers to your Grandma. Truly treasure each second. Blessings dear Lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pie at the top of your post! So happy you are having fall weather - should make your fall festival more festive. Keeping you and your grandma in my prayers that she gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete