Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Yes, Peach Pie again! Yes, in honor of my sister again! This time to celebrate that she passed her State Board Exam!

{weather outside:}

Hot, humid and sunny. Expected to reach high 90's today.

{making me happy:}

Knowing that more happy summertime memories were made this weekend.

{menu:}

monday: Burgers, Salad & Grilled Corn
tuesday: Sushi
wednesday: Ribs, Mac & Cheese & Salad
thursday:
friday:

{around my home:}

Quiet as all the boys are napping and very messy from a busy but full weekend. Classical music is playing, tea is brewing, a/c is pumping ;) and I know I'm exhausted from all the festivities because I seem to be moving in slow motion this morning.

{today's to-do list:}

~ 5 loads of laundry
~ plan menu
~ vacuum
~ prepare dinner
~ straighten

{homemaking tip:}

From my Grandma, a veteran pie baker, if you prefer your pie filling to be thicker, bake it one day ahead and refrigerate overnight to given it some time for the juices to absorb. Then heat it back up before serving.

{new recipe:}

My boys LOVED this quick and easy Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Pasta that I tried last week! The only thing I did differently is I used chicken breasts that had already been marinated in Italian dressing (that was all I had) which, if anything only added flavor.

{on my nightstand:}

Redemption by Karen Kingsbury
On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder (with four-year-old)

{looking forward to:}

Honestly, just trying to live in the moment and enjoy my life where I am at right now.

{on my mind:}

My maternal Grandma, aforementioned pie baker, is very sick and while I know she is ready to meet the Lord and be with her husband and daughter, I will miss her terribly. Death is SO much harder on the living when you know the one dying is a believer!

{lesson learned:}

Apparently when you switch to an Apple device there is a 99% chance that you will lose any saved voice messages if you do not back them up within twenty-four hours. I had to detach from a very special voicemail that my mom left me a few days before she died as well the voicemail my husband left me from the very first time he called me because I did not find this out in time. :( Which brings me to...

{quote:}

"Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away.
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing.
God alone suffices."

-Saint Teresa of Avila

-----

Linking up with Sandra today:

HHM

5 comments:

  1. Big hugs! I know that while our loved ones are very sick and ready to meet The Lord, it is so hard to let them go! Thank you for the pie tip! You're definitely making me want peach pie today!!! (love the presentation on the pie, so artistic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday my dear Laura. ;)
    That pie is beyond adorable - and looks delicious!! Congrats to your Sis!
    Prayers for peace and comfort to your Gram and strength for you and your family dear Friend. It's so hard.
    What a bummer about the phone. ;( But your inspiration is so true and where to focus. Love that.
    Blessings for a wonderful week ahead to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your sister! Beautiful celebration pie. Love that tip from your grandma. HUGS as you deal with your grandma - you are so right about how hard it is on the living. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you sister and thanks for the pie tip. Prayers for you and your family. Have a wonderful week!

    My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and that pie looks amazing! Sorry to hear about the messages...

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete