Perfect ending to a hot & humid summer day: pizza, wine, The Cosby Show and a thunderstorm.
{weather outside:}
The day started out chilly and rainy but it looks like it might clear up to be beautiful!
{making me happy:}
My baby blue fingernails.
{menu this week:}
monday: Chicken Salad Melts & Potato Salad
tuesday: Grilled Chicken, Salad, Brown Irish Soda Bread
wednesday: Chili & Cornbread
thursday: Chili & Cornbread
friday: Quesadillas, Guacamole & Salad
{around my house:}
Catching up on some laundry after a busy weekend of cleaning, hosting and celebrating. Sometimes I like having a party because it's the only thing that motivates me to deep clean my house!
{today's to-do list:}
~ pre-k: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
~ 3 loads of laundry
~ change bed linens
~ fold laundry
~ plan menu
~ tea party with my oldest :)
{looking forward to this week:}
Relaxing!
{favorite blog post:}
Especially with my preoccupation over cleaning in preparation for the Christening last week, Francine's post really hit home and reminded me not to worry so much about scrubbing those fingerprints off the door for the twelfth time!
{currently reading:}
The Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson
Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
{lesson learned:}
So much symbolism during the Christening! I loved that the Deacon who administered the Sacrament explained the meaning and history behind every single one of them! Such a rich, beautiful history our Church has. My favorite was the symbolism behind each parent and Godparent blessing the child with the Sign of the Cross on their forehead: it is an outward sign that we are claiming him as the Lord's and not the adversary's. Amen! Seriously, it gives me chills just thinking about it!
{on my mind:}
This doesn't happen very often for me but I really felt my mom's presence at the Christening yesterday. So much so that it brought me to tears. I knew she, along with all the other saints in heaven, was there watching and praying with us as my precious boy was welcomed into the Christian family and dedicated to the Lord.
{verse:}
"As soon as Jesus was baptized he went out of the water. At that moment, heaven was opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said: 'This is my Beloved Son with whom I am well pleased."
-Matthew 3:16 - 17
Thanks for the shoutout! I have company coming this weekend, so hopefully that will be motivation enough to do some cleaning around here. :) Love your thoughts about #3's christening. So powerful when you really think about it!
ReplyDeleteI always feel such a sense of peace and calm when I visit you here.
ReplyDeleteLoved hearing about the christening.
And I know what a special day it was for you all.
Gave a cozy week!
Guess that would be "Have" a great week!
DeleteDinner looks delicious and so freshly made! I used to love watching the Cosby Show, not many good, wholesome family shows anymore. Have a lovely evening!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
,Jill
Hi Laura!
ReplyDeleteFirst I have to say that pizza, salad and wine (with ice cube) totally calling my name and looks amazing!! Yum Yum!!
And I love all you shared about the christening. I love that part at my church too where parents and godparents make the cross on the baby. They do our baptisms during mass time and I love watching them and participating. I have no doubt your Mom had a front row seat and was there blessing him too. Gives ME goosebumps (& sniffles).
I also wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster award as I love reading your blog. If you want to get more info and accept go to my blog: northwoodsscrapbook.blogspot.com xoxo Peace & blessings Hon.