It's been a pretty rainy week here so to keep my little guy occupied, I tried out this activity, (slightly modified to accommodate my son's age) from the blog No Time For Flash Cards, (a great resource for moms, by the way).
I filled up a basin of warm water, (for whatever reason I couldn't get my sink to clog) placed it in the sink, and had my son stank up in his highchair, (tray removed).
I gave him a slotted spoon and a mini strainer. I filled the basin with a few floating toys, a handful of dried beans, and an empty plastic container.
This kept him occupied for well over an hour! That's a long time for a toddler!
Glad I have finally found the time to check back in!!! This sounds like a ton of fun!- I will definitely keep this little activity in mind the next time mine are 'bored' :)
ReplyDelete