They're extremely easy to make, with no cutting the butter in flour involved, they freeze well, so I can make them ahead of time, and they're versatile, so every year I make a different flavor. This year I made Milk Chocolate Chip and Coconut. I already "tested" one & they're really good! ;)
Right now they are sitting in my freezer so that Sunday morning I can defrost them, wrap them neatly in waxed paper, tie a ribbon around them, attach a little card, and give them out that afternoon.
They're delicious with cream, jam, butter, or my personal favorite, lemon curd.
-----
{Coconut & Milk Chocolate Chip Scones}
3 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pt. sour cream
1 1/2 c. sweetened coconut
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift all dry ingredients. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Add coconut and chocolate chips. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and, without touching the dough with your hands, spoon into scone shapes, six per sheet, placed about a half inch apart. Bake 22 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
{enjoy!}
Oh yum! Saving this idea...I think I need to serve my Momma brunch soon!
ReplyDeleteThose look so yummy! I would love that with a hot cup of coffee right about now!
ReplyDeletemm. that's such a sweet idea! :)
ReplyDeletethese look wonderful- I think I'll have to try them soon! It's been far too long since I've had a scone!
ReplyDeleteYour scones turned out beautifully!! I love blueberry scones!
ReplyDelete