Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hard to Find, Not to Keep

"A good man is hard to find, not to keep." - from the book, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Doctor Laura Schlessinger.

I try not to let a day go by without thanking God that I have found my "good man." My husband may not bring me flowers once a week, surprise me by making dinner once a month, or give me extravagant gifts once a year...

...but that's okay because he shows his love for me every single day!
  • He gets up and goes to work five, sometimes six, days a week so that I can stay home with our baby boy.
  • He goes to Mass with our son and me every Sunday before going to his own Church service. (I am Catholic, he is Protestant.)
  • He always compliments me on my dinner, even when it doesn't deserve to be complimented. (I experiment with recipes a lot. ;)
  • He takes the time to speak my love language when I tell him my love tank is running low. (Refer to The Five Love Languages if you're confused.)
  • He tells me I'm beautiful on days when I'm wearing no make-up, pilates pants and an old running t-shirt. (Which is six out of seven days in the week - not exaggerating!)
  • He sends me texts that simply say: "I love you!"
Sometimes it's easy, as women, to feed into the ultra-feminist mentality that is constantly bombarding us and be tempted to overlook the simple, yet profound ways our husbands show their love to us. How has your husband shown you his love lately?

7 comments:

  1. Ooooo this is great! I needed a little reminder of my husband's love for me.

    Your blog is great as well. I hope to see more of you!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much--though marriage requires so much work and commitment, as does anything worth having. My husband work in the early hours this morning to go to work, kissed me and our little daughter goodbye, asked if I needed the car with the carseat, and locked his treasures inside carefully. And told me I was beautiful. He's a wonderful man. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can agree... i am so thankful God saw fit to give me a good man! what a blessing we have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so beautiful. i really REALLY respect women who use their blogs to build up their guys. thanks for that.

    happy wednesday to you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome post, and i love your blog! i, too, am blessed with an incredibly supportive and loving husband. he is always so appreciative of the things i do each day, and is sensitive to my needs, especially when i'm having a hard time. last night he surprised me with a blizzard that he picked up on his way home from youth group because he knew i had a hard day and was feeling down. what a guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!! And yay for fabulous husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great posts on marriage! So often women don't encourage each other to lift up their husbands.

    ReplyDelete